Wednesday, April 1, 2009

4 FEBRUARY 2009-POLICE INTERNAL AFFAIRS1

4 February 2009

Fayetteville Police Department (F.P.D.)
Office of Professional Standards (O.P.S.)
467 Hay Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301

Subject: F.P.D. HARASSMENT AND DISCRIMINATION EVENTS

Dear O.P.S.:
My name is Gerry Lindgren, (574.52.0295; State of NC ID #39146496), and I am writing to report the recent harassment and discrimination events that I have received this past week from some of the F.P.D. officers and will forward a copy of this letter to my attorney, Governor Perdue, the A.C.L.U. and the U.S. Senate and Congress due to pending civil action against the Los Angeles Police Department, West Hollywood Sheriff Department, Ft. Lauderdale Police Department, the Anchorage Police Department, Dunn, NC Police Department, and associated entities and individuals, public and private and am concerned with retaliation and targeted entrapment from the F.P.D. due to events that I am not at liberty to currently state.
The most atrocious occurring on February 4, 2009 at Cross Creek Mall with Officer Hererra who was insolent, unprofessional, intimidating, and threatening with the African-American security guard of Cross Creek Creek Mall and there were many eyewitnesses.
First, let’s chronologically, briefly address this past week, notwithstanding the incident in 2007.
1. On February 3, @ 8:20 p.m. E.S.T., I called 9/11 due to a large African American male threatening me with violence and F.P.D. Officers Black and Armstrong responded. Officer Black was very churlish and discourteous by treating me, the victim, like the aggressor by asking me why I was walking the streets of Fayetteville all day rather than taking the report and apprehending the aggressor who was standing a few yards away. I responded to him that I am unemployed, looking for work, had my resumes, have epilepsy and do not drive and was quite bewildered on why that would be an issue. I described the aggressor as a large black male with a fluffy black jacket. Officer Black was ill-mannered and kept repeating that I need a better description although I kept pointing to the man who was less than 20 yards away. Thus, I called 9/11 again and spoke with the Watch Commander and the 2 responding officers departed without stating anything.
2. On February 3 @ 12:29 p.m., E.S.T., I was stopped by F.P.D. Officer Chavez on Mcpherson Church Road/Collinwood (after the officer spoke with a male in a black S.U.V.) while seeking employment.
3. On February 4, 2009 @ 2:14 p.m., E.S.T., I was stopped by Officer Combs on Mcpherson Church Road (near the Olive Garden) while seeking employment.
4. On February 4 @ 3:30 p.m., E.S.T., I walked from the Olive Garden on Sycamore Dairy Road to Cross Creek Mall. I was only in for a few minutes and upon exiting, a women intentional knocked into me and I was verbally and physically harassed by the on-lookers referring to me with obscenities. I walked past them to the other entrance to make a report to security. As I entered, I walked by Officer Hererra who initially walked past me saying nothing. I stated that he “must stop having the public harass me” and he turned around and stopped and searched me. Then, the African-American Security Chief at Cross Creek Mall who has always given me a bad time joined in harassing me and claimed that people claimed that I yelled an obscenity (UNTRUE AND THEY PROVIDED NO EYEWITNESSES TO COLLOBORATE THEIR CLAIM AND NO WRITTEN DOCUMENT AND/OR AFFADAVIT). Then, Officer Hererra asked me to grab my property and go to the security room. As I was doing this, he screamed at me and threatened me, handling his gun. NOTE: I TOLD HIM THAT I HAVE EPILPSY. I ALSO HAVE AIDS AND ARC (AIDS RELATED COMPLICATIONS) THAT INCLUDE DISABLING PERIPHERAL-NEUROPATHY THAT AFFECTS THE HANDS AND FEET EXTREMITIES, AND IN SEVERE CASES LIKE MINE, IT AFFECTS THE ARMS, LEGS AND WALKING IN ADDITION TO SEVERE ARTHRITIS SINCE CHILDHOOD AND DIFFICULTY WITH UNCONTROLLED BOWELL MOVEMENTS DUE TO THESE ILLNESSES AS DESCRIBED BELOW. THESE ARE DOCUMENTED, MOST RECENTLY ON THE 26TH OF JANUARY 2009 WITH DR. CHIMA AT SOUTHER REGIONAL A.H.E.C., AND I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE ANY OF THESE MEDICATIONS EXCEPT FOR EPILEPSY.
5. On the way to the inside the Cross Creek Mall Security, there were many eyewitnesses, mostly military personnel, who witnessed the harassment of Officer Hererra threatening me to walk faster and ready to assault me. Inside the Security Room, the African-American Security Chief slammed the door on my right shoulder while Officer Hererra was standing right behind me so close that I could feel his breathing on my neck. The African-American security guard banned me for one year after I refused to sign his deceitful and duplicitous document that left the omissions of how everything started with no due process to challenge any of the lies and specifically mentioned that if I went to the Bank of America, that I would be arrested. Subsequently, I called 9/11 again to speak with on of the 2 Watch Commanders, so I was transferred to the Cross Creek one who came on duty @ 3:00 p.m., E.S.T., Lieutenant Kelly who incredulously stated to me to “go see a doctor “ and hung up the phone on me. I called again and he repeated the same infantile comments. Later, at 5:00 p.m., E.S.T., I called for an apology and he denied speaking to me or even knowing about the Cross Creek Mall incident even though he was the on-duty (although he is unfit for duty) Watch Commander for this specific location. Then, the African-American security chief, numerous other security guards with hands on and near their weapons, along with Officer Hererra, walked me all the way to Skibo Road, even following in vehicles that seemed quite excessive with numerous outside eyewitnesses as I did not disobey, I repeat, I did not disobey any order other than telling them that attempting to force me to sign a document, especially one filled with falsehoods, is illegal and this angered them.
6. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/peripheral-neuropathy

· Peripheral neuropathy, in its most common form, causes pain and numbness in your hands and feet. The pain typically is described as tingling or burning, while the loss of sensation often is compared to the feeling of wearing a thin stocking or glove.
· Peripheral neuropathy can result from such problems as traumatic injuries, infections, metabolic problems and exposure to toxins. One of the most common causes of the disorder is diabetes.
· In many cases, peripheral neuropathy symptoms improve with time — especially if it's caused by an underlying condition that can be resolved. Medications initially designed to treat other conditions, such as epilepsy and depression, are often used to reduce the painful symptoms of peripheral neuropathy.
Symptoms
Your nervous system is divided into two broad categories. Your central nervous system consists of your brain and spinal cord. All the other nerves in your body are part of your peripheral nervous system, which includes:
§ Sensory nerves to receive feelings such as heat, pain or touch
§ Motor nerves that control how your muscles move
§ Autonomic nerves that control such automatic functions as blood pressure, heart rate, digestion and bladder function
Most commonly, peripheral neuropathy begins in the longest nerves — the ones that reach to your toes. Specific symptoms vary, depending on which types of nerves are affected. Signs and symptoms may include:
§ Gradual onset of numbness and tingling in your feet or hands, which may spread upwards into your legs and arms
§ Burning pain
§ Sharp, jabbing or electric-like pain
§ Extreme sensitivity to touch, even light touch
§ Lack of coordination
§ Muscle weakness or paralysis if motor nerves are affected
§ Bowel or bladder problems if autonomic nerves are affected

§ Causes
§ A number of factors can cause neuropathies. These factors include:
§ Autoimmune diseases. These include lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and Guillain-Barre syndrome.
§ Other diseases. Kidney disease, liver disease and an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) also can cause peripheral neuropathy. Patients with HIV/AIDS also are prone to develop peripheral neuropathy.
§ Inherited disorders. Examples include Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and amyloid polyneuropathy.
I respectfully request an inquiry into this incident and why anyone who may or may not have complained about me was not mentioned or corrective action to them due to harassing me by calling me “faggot” and pushing me that initiated the whole incident in addition to the rescinding of the 1-year ban as I will forward this letter to the following businesses at Cross Creek Mall.

Sincerely,

Gerry Lindgren
c/o Andersons’
7896 King Road
Fayetteville, NC 28306
910.423.7855

No comments: